Tuesday, June 10, 2008

You do as your told...

I'd say I'm mature for my age. It's on a rare occasion that I meet someone my age or younger that I can really stay in touch with. My math teacher is 24 and it's so weird because I have friends his age. He says that he could never be good friends with someone my age. That's so typical of a teacher to say, right? Two of the greatest friends I have are 21. And it's so weird to watch myself mature with them and watch myself mature with the friends that are my age. There seems to be a whole age gap missing in the middle. Like there's a side of me that's just waiting and being a 17 year old junior in high school with an early case of senioritis. And then there's the side that's already been there and is not really waiting for much. The friends on this side of me always call me wondering what I'm doing and if I'm free or when I will be free. They ask if I'm okay and tell me to talk to them when I need them... They are smart people. Am I smart like them? Or am I smart like the sixteen/seventeen year old I am on the surface?

No comments: